Time to celebrate! It's the final weekend of football, and the only time I'm actually interested in commercials.
We're hosting an impromptu little get together so I thought I would share one of my favorite and easiest dishes.
This is a spicy, hearty sandwich that will please those who love buffalo chicken wings. This recipe is perfect for those days spent watching football. Try topping these with blue cheese or ranch dressing.
- 4 frozen skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 (17.5 fluid ounce) bottle buffalo wing sauce, divided
- ½ (1 ounce) package dry ranch salad dressing mix
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 hoagie rolls, split lengthwise
- Place the frozen chicken breasts into a slow cooker, and pour in ¾ of the wing sauce and the ranch dressing mix. Cover, and cook on Low for 7 to 8 hours.
- Once the chicken has cooked, add the butter,
and shred the meat finely with two forks. (I like to do this after about 5 hours, and let the chicken soak up the sauce.) Pile the meat onto the hoagie
rolls, and splash with the remaining buffalo wing sauce to serve.
(Recipe found here.)Enjoy the game!