Pages

Feb 6, 2010

Party Time!


Time to celebrate! It's the final weekend of football, and the only time I'm actually interested in commercials.

We're hosting an impromptu little get together so I thought I would share one of my favorite and easiest dishes.

This is a spicy, hearty sandwich that will please those who love buffalo chicken wings. This recipe is perfect for those days spent watching football. Try topping these with blue cheese or ranch dressing.
  • 4 frozen skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
  • 1 (17.5 fluid ounce) bottle buffalo wing sauce, divided
  • ½ (1 ounce) package dry ranch salad dressing mix
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 6 hoagie rolls, split lengthwise
  • Place the frozen chicken breasts into a slow cooker, and pour in ¾ of the wing sauce and the ranch dressing mix. Cover, and cook on Low for 7 to 8 hours.
  • Once the chicken has cooked, add the butter, and shred the meat finely with two forks. (I like to do this after about 5 hours, and let the chicken soak up the sauce.) Pile the meat onto the hoagie rolls, and splash with the remaining buffalo wing sauce to serve.


     

    (Recipe found here.)

    Enjoy the game!

2 Passengers in the Car:

Nancy said...

Mmmmm....sounds awful good! Can hardly wait until tomorrow!

Kathy said...

I sure wish I was THERE for the Super Bowl! But, chili is being thrown together, veggies are prepared, my Colts are practicing, and kids are calling in anticipation...SUPER BOWL!