Pages

Mar 30, 2010

A Present To Myself


You know, it's funny. Not funny "ha ha" just funny "strange". I live in the desert but covet the ocean. I have a pal who lives on the Gulf in Mobile, AL who is enchanted with the desert.

I've had my eye on Clark Little's coffee table book, The Shorebreak Art of Clark Little, for some time now. Ever since I stumbled across one of his photos on the Internet and saw how he captures these amazing pictures I've toyed with the idea of getting the book and balked at the thought of spending the money on it. 

I waited patiently through Christmas. I waited a little less patiently through my birthday. Finally I decided to treat myself. It arrived on Friday, and I'm thrilled I made the decision to take the plunge, so to speak. For those of you who haven't checked out what a day at work looks like for Clark Little, watch this video. 

I know one thing. I want to work in that guy's office.

6 Passengers in the Car:

Kathy said...

Lovely! I saw him on TV one night and I didn't catch his name, but I immediately thought I wanted that book. You think it's a wise purchase, then? Congrats on your purchase...may you have many joyful days of beachcombing through photos! xxoo

Nancy said...

Sometimes it's the gifts we give ourselves that mean the most. You're well worth it. Enjoy!

Bossy Betty said...

Congrats on your purchase. That guy works hard!

Relyn Lawson said...

Oh, I bet you are so glad you treated yourself. How wonderful! Thanks for telling us about him, too.

Kathy said...

We are always fascinated by that which we don't have in our ordinary lives, but I think that's just fine!

Brian Miller said...

good job treating yourself to smiles...and what an office it would be...