Pages

Sep 24, 2010

Endless Summer

Venice Beach 2010 - Heading Home
I returned a few days ago from an extended weekend trip to Venice. California not Italy. In truth, Venice, California will probably be as close to Venice, Italy as I ever get – Bucket List notwithstanding.

I don’t think you can fully appreciate a vacation that rewards you with morning and evening fog and cloudy days when temperatures do not rise above 65 degrees unless you’ve spent a thankless summer or two in the Southwestern deserts of the U.S. We’re still staring down the 100s this weekend, and I was ready for Autumn by mid-July.

Venice Beach 2010 - Sunset 
Sunday afternoon the sun graced us with its presence starting at about 2 PM. We, along with quite a few others, sat on the beach watching the weekend slip below the horizon, and joined everyone in applause as it made a dramatic and graceful exit.

Venice Beach 2010 - So Long, And Thanks For All The Fish
It’s the longest running show in history, never a repeat and a different ending every time. I never get tired of watching it.

This is a Skywatch Friday post. You can see many amazing sky photos at the Skywatch Friday website.

11 Passengers in the Car:

Brian Miller said...

oh i never get tired of it either...and those skies are amazing....welcome back...

Cathi said...

Glad you had a fun time. I did too! I am ready for autumn but I guess it's not ready for us yet, as it's going to be a hot one this weekend for us as well! Stay cool!

xxoo :)

Magpie said...

Tracy, these are wonderful pictures!! I'm so glad the sun came out long enough for you to get these shots. Looks like a Sangria moment to me.

Ashley Sisk said...

With photos like this, I could extend summer all year long. Love the first shot. Have a great weekend.

Kit Aerie-el said...

Gorgeous photos. I would applaud that sunset as well!

Penelope Notes said...

Beautiful photos that express so well the magical world we live in. Thanks for sharing your journey!

Janet said...

What an inspiring vacation! We are ready for fall too. Had 100-degree temps a couple days this past week! That is unusual for this part of the U.S.

Kathy said...

Oh, you so got it right on so many points! Endless summer is what we've been experiencing the past month ~ won't it ever go away? Love the photos. Keep 'em coming.

Carla said...

Great to have found your blog. Love your photos... Love the one below as well with all the people crammed into it. so full of energy. Carla

Steve Gravano said...

That top photo is beautiful. I'm sure where ever the road takes you, you'll make a great photo.

Unknown said...

These are so beautiful and take me right to the moment. California has some spectacular sights, I really like it there!